Paragon Testing Enterprises, a subsidiary of The University of British Columbia, is inviting people to experience the listening and reading questions on the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) for free.
Why should you take the pretest?
- Gives you the opportunity to practice taking listening and reading questions.
- Gain experience and confidence taking the listening and reading components in a real test environment.
- Receive detailed Listening and Reading scores that are broken down into four categories: overall, understanding general meaning, understanding of specific details and your ability to make inferences. Scores are reported as percentages making it easier for test takers to know how many questions they answered correctly in each category and what category they may need to focus on.
Note: Currently, the CELPIP Pretest is not available for speaking and writing. Pretest participants must be over the age of 18. Paragon Testing Enterprises, at its discretion, may withhold the discount from test takers who appear to have spent insufficient time and/or effort on the test.
What is expected of the participants?
The pretest will be approximately 2 hours and will include the following:
- Computer delivery: Participants will complete the pretest over the computer.
- Practice listening and reading skills: The pretest will assess skills of listening and reading in English in a general context.
How much does the pretest cost?
Where is the pretest held?
The pretest will be held at Paragon Testing Enterprises in Vancouver and Toronto.
Vancouver Head Office: 110-2925 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 4X5
Toronto Office: 801-180 Bloor Street W., Toronto, ON M5S 2V6