Prometric is looking for CELPIP test takers who have completed or will complete an IELTS General test between February 1, 2023 and August 1, 2023 to participate in a research study.
Why Should You Participate in the CELPIP Research Study?
- Qualified participants who successfully complete the research study will receive official CELPIP-General test score results for free*.
- Participants will receive free CELPIP practice tests and other CELPIP study materials for test preparation.
*CELPIP-General test score reports will only be released to participants who have submitted their IELTS-General test score report, and complete the survey.
When and Where is the Research Study Held?
Only participants who are selected for the study will be notified of their acceptance via email after applying for the study. Participants will then be provided with a voucher code that can be used for CELPIP-General test registration on the CELPIP website at any CELPIP test centre in Canada. Participants must take their CELPIP-General test before August 1, 2023.
What is Expected of Participants?
Participation in this study will require approximately 3 hours and will include the following:
- Completion of the CELPIP-General Test.
- Completion of a short survey.
- Providing a copy of your official IELTS General score report OR confirmation of your registration for an IELTS General test.
To be eligible to participate in this research study, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be taking the CELPIP-General Test for Canadian permanent resident application purposes.
- Must be in possession of their original, valid, and unexpired passport on their test day.
- Will have completed an IELTS General test* between February 1, 2023 and August 1, 2023.
- Must be able to provide an IELTS General* score report OR registration for an IELTS General test.
- Must reside in Canada and take the CELPIP-General Test in Canada.
- Test takers may only apply for the research study once.
*Participants must complete the IELTS General test. Results from the IELTS Academic test will NOT be accepted. If you have questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- Test takers must NOT send their passports away before their CELPIP-General Test for any reason (i.e. renewals and extensions).
- Test takers must provide their original, valid, and unexpired passport booklet during check-in at the test sitting, or will be refused entry to the test, will not eligible for a transfer, and will be disqualified from participating in the study.
Before You Apply
- Each individual may submit one application to participate in this research study.
- Participants must submit a scan of their official IELTS General Test Report Form or their upcoming IELTS General test registration confirmation to [email protected] within 48 hours of their application. Please send the document from the email address entered in the application form below. Unofficial IELTS test scores are not accepted.
- Only participants who are selected for the study will be contacted with detailed instructions to register for their free CELPIP-General Test.
- CELPIP Score Reports will be withheld until all required components for the research study are submitted to Prometric by the participant. Release of scores may take up to 5 - 8 business days after Prometric receives the required submissions.
- The benefits of this research study apply to new test registrations for qualified participants only. Offers for a free test registration and free study materials cannot be applied to past purchases.
- Test transfers (change of test date, time, and/ or location) must be completed at least seven full calendar days before the test day. To learn more, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many times can I apply to this research study?
- Each person may participate in the study once.
What do I do after submitting my application to participate in the research?
- Send an email immediately to [email protected] with one of the documents listed below:
- A copy of your IELTS General test TRF if you took the test after February 1, 2023.
- A copy of your IELTS General test confirmation if you will take the test before August 1, 2023.
Our team will review all applications and contact qualified individuals with the next steps. Please check your email inbox and your junk or spam folders for our email. Unfortunately, you did not qualify for our study if you do not receive our email.
CELPIP ACCOUNT, REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
How do I create a CELPIP Account?
- Please visit our account creating page and complete our registration form.
I am trying to create my CELPIP Account, but I cannot click the "Sign Up" button. What do I do?
- Check that all fields are filled out.
- To correctly enter your date of birth, click on the calendar icon on the far right of the input field. Select the correct year first, then the month, and lastly, click on the correct day.
- If you opt-in for text message notifications, enter only numbers in the “Phone Number” field. Do not include brackets “()", dashes "-", or spaces.
- Carefully read and check all boxes agreeing to our service terms.
I forgot my Account password. How do I sign in?
- Visit this link and enter the email associated with your CELPIP Account to reset your password. We will send you an email with password reset instructions.
I am creating my CELPIP Account. What should I enter if my passport does not have a last name/ surname?
- Please enter N/A in the “Last Name” field if your passport has no last name/ surname information.
When selecting a test date, the registration process shows that the test costs $285. How do I register for the CELPIP Test for free?
- Qualified participants will receive an email with detailed registration instructions and a discount code to apply near the end of the registration process. This discount code will waive the test registration fee.
Why did I not receive a discount code for the free test after applying to the research study?
- Qualified test takers will receive an email with the discount code approximately one week after they submit their application. If you do not receive an email from us within a week, unfortunately, you did not meet the qualification criteria. Please check your junk or spam email folders to ensure you do not miss our emails. If you need to take the test but did not qualify for our study, please consider registering for a CELPIP Test with a standard payment here.
How do I get free Study Materials?
- Qualified participants will receive an email with a product key and detailed instructions on to redeem the products. Study Materials will automatically be added to your CELPIP Account once the product key is redeemed. All Study Materials are delivered online through your CELPIP Account.
How do I open my Study Materials?
- In your CELPIP Account, click on the links located under the "My Study Materials" heading. Your Study Materials will open in a new tab.
I cannot open my Study Materials. What should I do?
- Our Study Materials are optimized for use on a laptop and tablet. If you are using a cell phone please switch devices.
- Check that your device and web browser applications are up-to-date.
- Disable all pop-up blockers.
- Clear your browser cache and use a private browsing mode (i.e. Incognito mode in Chrome, InPrivate mode in Edge, Private mode in Safari) to sign in to your Account.
Why did I not receive a product key for free CELPIP Study Materials after applying to the research study?
- Qualified test takers will receive an email with the product key approximately one week after they submit their application. If you do not receive an email from us within a week, unfortunately, you did not meet the qualification criteria. If you did not qualify for the research study, our Study Materials could still be purchased through our website.
TRANSFERS, CANCELLATIONS, AND MISSED TESTS
Can I transfer my test to a different test date, time, and/or location?
- You may transfer your test to a different test sitting if there are more than seven full calendar days before your test day. Our standard transfer fee of $50, plus taxes, will apply to each transfer. Due to participation in this study, requests to transfer your test less than seven calendar days before your test date will not be approved. Test takers who are unable to attend their test will forfeit the free test registration and be disqualified from participating in the study. Example: If your test is on May 10, 2023, a transfer must be completed online by May 2, 2023. The test taker will not be able to transfer their test after May 2, 2023.
- To transfer your test:
1. Email [email protected] with your transfer request. The request should be sent more than 7 business days in advance of your test day.
2. We will respond to the request in 1-2 business days with detailed instructions on how to complete a transfer online.
I missed my test. How do I reschedule my free test?
- If you missed your test or were refused entry by the Test Centre, you are not eligible to reschedule the test, and you will be disqualified from participating in the study. You must arrive at your Test Centre 45 minutes early and have your original, valid, and unexpired passport with you. Check-in for our tests closes 15 minutes before the test time.
Do I get a refund if I cancel the test?
- Because test registrations are free for participants of the study, you will not receive a refund for cancelling your test. Any applicable transfer fees are also not eligible for a refund.
When will I get my CELPIP Scores?
- Due to participation in the research study, CELPIP Scores will be withheld until all required components for the research are submitted by you and processed by Prometric. Score release may take up to 5 - 8 business days after we receive all submissions.
How do I download my CELPIP Scores?
- Sign in to your CELPIP Account.
- Under the heading "My test registrations," click 'Check scores," and you will be able to see your CELPIP results.
- Click on "Download Official CELPIP Score Report" to save your PDF file.
How do I get an Official CELPIP Score Report for my Canadian Permanent Resident (PR) application?
- Please download your Official CELPIP Score Report online as a PDF file. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will accept the PDF file of your Official CELPIP Score Report.